"The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity."
—John F. Kennedy

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dealing

I'm four months out of a basal artery stroke due to a blood clot. I don't know how to deal, hence the blog. I apologize in advance for typing errors. Four days before I turned thirty, I left work early because my vision went wacky and I had severe neck pain. I went to a new chiropractor and had x-rays then went about my way. That night I felt awful, took Ibuprofen 800, woke up in the middle of the night, thought I couldn't move, had a seizure, called myself a hypochondriac, and went back to sleep. In the morning, I knew something was very wrong and I tried to get my cell phone to call 911 and knocked it behind the bed. When I tried to get it, I fell out of bed completely paralyzed on both sides and could only turn my head a limited amount with great effort due to extreme neck pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment