"The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity."
—John F. Kennedy

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Meltdown

I had a total meltdown at therapy last week: couldn't stop crying. I ended up having to take a Xanax because every time I would start to regain control, I would lose it again. I'm now taking half of one whenever I go out because between vertigo and overstimulation of social environments, my fear takes over and limits what I can do. I become terrified of falling and feel like I'm walking on the edge of panic. Although the vertigo from the bppv has been resolved, the fear lingers. Plus, I got so used to feeling like I'm falling every which way, that just compensating for the stroke vertigo and falling backwards takes more concentration again. I'm becoming a shut-in because going out is seeming so scary.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment