"The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity."
—John F. Kennedy

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Love/Hate Relationships or Caregivers

I had Occupational Therapy tonight. I stood alone with my dad spotting me and caught a ball bounced at me several times. I leaned over and caught a rolling ball twice. Oddly, catching the rolling ball got easier much faster; standing seemed much scarier and I was afraid to move.

Anyway, I waited too late to get ready. My mom said she would help me, but no such luck. My dad asked if I needed help and I said "No," so he left the room. Of course, I then needed help. My therapist was already there, so what would take five minutes took thirty alone. This made my lablity go wild, so I started crying and couldn't stop. My mom came in to tell me to hurry up and I snapped. After therapy we pretended that nothing happened. How can you be unbarably grateful to somone and they drive you crazy at the same time??? Like I don't feel guilty enough--yet irritated...

No comments:

Post a Comment