"The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity."
—John F. Kennedy

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Home

After, I’d been home a couple of days, my double vision cleared up. After weeks of home therapy, I could finally do a sit-to-stand, and, a few weeks later, I woke up to find my left hand working. My left shoulder was still pretty useless though. I mentioned it when I went to the chiropractor, and she discovered it was fixated. No wonder it hurt for four months. Now it’s actually stronger than my right. I also suffered from really bad car sickness, which is much better with acupuncture. Right now I’m doing exercises by myself, acupuncture, chiropractic, and two days of occupational therapy. I’m also looking into outpatient rehab. My INR just started to stabilize the last couple of weeks, so I’ve been having weekly blood draws. I finally finished speech therapy, passed the swallow study, and got the PEG out about a month ago. I still have to take sips and chin-tuck with liquids. I ran into one of my doctors when I did the swallow study, which was fun. I started taking my pills whole a couple of weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment